Monday, January 16

#149 - meet lovely, new people


- - -
My was 2011 away from Australia was filled with such amazing travelling,
and meeting people and all their wonderful stories.
And it all being over, I don't want to stop just yet.
 Instead of just telling you what to do and leaving you to it ( as I tend to do a bit),
I thought I would meet some people of my own and share their stories with you!
I have a few lovely lady bloggers all together here, so you can meet a little bit of them.

I have for you... an incrediby talented artist, an Etsy vintage clothing seller, a night owl aspiring to be an author, and a lovely lady who just wants to bicycle all over the city and eat strawberry lamingtons.

I had the best of fun meeting these gorgeous girlies, and I hope you do too! Thanks again to all the lovely ladies who helped out. x 

- - - - -

5 minutes with you...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do you call yourself? Caitlin shearer. What do you do? paint pictures. Where do you blog?
www.caitlinquiet.blogspot.com What about? illustration and little snippets from my life. What inspires you day to day? beautiful women, loneliness, escapism, the moon, flowers, improvement. What are you working on right now? nothing. It's holiday time! I'm apartment hunting instead. Who's your greatest hero? I have a soft spot for Anne Frank. What are you most passionate about? making art and cooking dinner for my friends. Whats one thing we should know about you? I don't know how to ride a bike. Who or what did you want to be when you were little? a fashion designer.


This or that...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Night or day? super early morning. Label or vintage? vintage - especially 1950's dresses. Monopoly or Scrabble? Monopoly. French country interior or the modern Ikea? french country - styled like the petite trianon at Versailles. Songs that make you dance, or songs that make you cry? dance! I hate to waste my nights crying. Put on some Kate Bush and go crazy instead. Stability or change? stability. control freakazoid. Lady Gaga or Madonna? 80-90's madonna, in her super sultry 'sex' phase. not the tunes though, just the look.








Favourite...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thing to do on a Sunday morning: go out for a grand breakfast with whichever friends have slept on the couch. Cake Flavour: chocolate mousse cake. Blog to muse over: Hannah Metz. Clothes label: Vivienne Westwood. Music artist: Beirut. Colour: lavender. Actresses: Jean Simmons, Katharine Hepburn, Kirsten Dunst, Kat Dennings, Isabella Rossellini, Sheryl Lee. Item of clothing: red satin ferragamo pumps. Childhood sweet: milk arrowroot biscuits covered in butter. Comfort food: cookies and cream ice cream

On an ending note...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why do you love meeting new people, especially in the blogging world?
I don't meet new people very often because of my solitude inducing job, but it makes me happy to realise that there is more to the world than the bubble i live in.
A word of advice to bloggers…
Don't take it too seriously. The real world is better.
What has been your biggest lesson?
Mistakes are beneficial and neccessary on the path to becoming a better person.

Best way to be lovely?
- - - - -

5 minutes with you...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do you call yourself? Roxanne Brigitte Rosensteel. However, I go by “Xan” or “Xanny”, or “Squeaker”, if you’re my father. What do you do? Well, I recently graduated from the Culinary Institute of America. So, I am fortunate enough to bake for Sally Loo’s Wholesome Cafe in San Luis Obispo, CA. I also blog and sell vintage clothing on etsy. My two favorite things. Where do you blog? http://tenderturningquiet.blogspot.com/ What about? Vintage clothing mostly. Though I’m good at getting off topic. What inspires you day to day? People. People who’s style directly reflects who they are as a person. And people who are stylish without trying too hard; like, it’s just innate. What are you working on right now? I’m trying to better myself. Not in a selfish way but, I feel like if you don’t take care of yourself, it’s harder to really take care of others. Who's your greatest hero? Linus van Pelt. What are you most passionate about? Nostalgia. Whats one thing we should know about you? I taught my cat to roll over. I guess that’s pretty cool. Who or what did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a pilot! My dad would take me to the local airport to watch planes take off and land.

This or that...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Night or day? Day. Label or vintage? Vintage. Monopoly or Scrabble? Scrabble. French country interior or the modern Ikea? Neither?
Songs that make you dance, or songs that make you cry? Dance. Stability or change? Stability. Change happens regardless. Lady Gaga or Madonna? Lady Gaga.

Favourite...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thing to do on a Sunday morning: Morning walks, coffee shops, all that pleasant stuff. Cake Flavour: Funfetti. Blog to muse over: Snail and the Cyclops (RIP), Style Rookie, Milk Teeths, Fancy Fine. Clothes label: Nadinoo. Music artist: Van Morrison. Colour: Goldenrod.
Actress...because..? Emma Stone. I have an unapologetic girl crush. Item of clothing: Skirts. Childhood sweet: Little Debby Brownies. Comfort food: Cheeseburgers.
On an ending note...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why do you love meeting new people, especially in the blogging world?
The vintage fashion blogging community is one of the most accepting and friendly worlds I have ever entered. However in real life, it probably takes people too much effort to get to know the “real” me. The pains of being shy, I guess. Though that seems to be a common thread with bloggers like me. “I was too shy for reality, so I entered this other one because it was easier.” Or whatever.

A word of advice to bloggers...
Be genuine. Also do as I say and not as I do- be consistent.
What has been your biggest lesson? Don’t play the comparison game..

Best way to be lovely?
A recent lesson from a dear friend.. if you speak negative into your life,
you’re only acknowledging it and making it possible. So by
you’re shunning the bad.


[Go to Roxanne's gorgeous blog; Tender Turning Quiet]

- - - - -

5 minutes with you...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What do you call yourself? Julia. What do you do? I read, write, laugh, and love. Where do you blog? thisdaisy.blogspot.com What about? Things that are close to my heart. What inspires you day to day? The books I read and my amazing friends. What are you working on right now? Writing a few feature articles for Girl With a Satchel and reading The Hunger Games. Who's your greatest hero? My greatest comforter and strength—Christ.What are you most passionate about? Relishing the moment. What’s one thing we should know about you? I love eating. I'm always eating. Who or what did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be an author, and that is one dream that hasn't changed over the years.
This or that...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Night or day? I’m night owl! Label or vintage? Unfortunately, I’m quite horrible at scouring for pretty vintage clothes. Monopoly or Scrabble? Taboo! French country interior or the modern Ikea? Anything cosy and pretty. Songs that make you dance, or songs that make you cry? Anything by Switchfoot ("Your Love is a Song", "Hello Hurricane"), Dashboard Confessional ("Remember to Breathe", "Hands Down"), or Muse ("Supermassive Black Hole", "Time is Running Out"). I am in constant awe of their musical abilities.Stability or change? Stability. Lady Gaga or Madonna? Neither.
Favourite...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thing to do on a Sunday morning. Sleeping in, followed by a yummy breakfast at a nearby cafĂ© and a lovely time at church. Cake Flavour. Chocolate fudge, Victorian sandwich, and strawberry cheesecake! Blog to muse over. I love GoFugYourself for its giggle-worthy posts, She Smiles, She Writes for its beautiful photographs and reflective entries, and Girl With a Satchel for a different perspective on all things girly and media related. Clothes label. Dotti and Miss Selfridge. Music artist. It’s a tie between Switchfoot and Muse.Colour. Pink! And yellow, and coral, and cream. Actress...because..? Emma Stone, because she is stunning both inside and out! Item of clothing. Strapless dresses—I have far too many! Childhood sweet. Does Maltesers count? Comfort food. Anything with mayonnaise on it. Yumm!
On an ending note...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why do you love meeting new people, especially in the blogging world? Because it’s always inspiring to discover other bloggers’ talents and interests. Everyone is unique in their own way and sees beauty differently, and yet, when bloggers come together, there is a wonderful sense of community.
A word of advice to bloggers...
 Be inspired by others, but always remain true to your own passions. What has been your biggest lesson? Life is full of energy, love, and opportunities—take hold of your own adventure and always remember to laugh ‘till your cheeks hurt.
Best way to be lovely?

[visit Julia's delightful musings here!]

- - - - - -

5 minutes with you...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What do you call yourself? A Girl and a World.
What do you do? I'm about to start my first big person job out of uni in a marketing firm!.. But if it was my true choice I would bike through all my favorite cities and eat strawberry lamingtons for the rest of my days. Where do you blog? Anywhere. I post the moment something inspires me. I have a terrible memory so my blogging is a storage unit for the wonderful things I find in the world. What about? Lovely things. Inspiring things. Happy things. Pretty things. Things that I don't want to forget. Things that I've never known about. Things to learn about. Things that I think should be spread. What inspires you day to day? The idea of determination not rationalisation. A friend said that about a kid she had been watching chasing a pigeon for hours...it makes such lovely sense. What are you working on right now? Multiple unfinished projects! I have a current obsession of drawing deers so have many sketches hidden in my bedroom of those. Perhaps brought on by the christmas season? I really am planning a lot of DIY projects for my soon to be new room in my new flat, so any ideas would be wonderfully appreciated!  Who's your greatest hero? Bridget Jones and Sky Ferreira. Total opposites really. Wonderfully opposite. What are you most passionate about? Adventures of any kind, sharing food with wonderful people, drinking wine with new people, staying close with old friends and discovering something new all the time. Whats one thing we should know about you? I'm not a natural red head. Who or what did you want to be when you were little? A chef. Always a chef. I always wanted to be like the NZ, red head, chef Peta Mathias- which is probably why I love red hair actually...

This or that...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Night or day? Night...
Label or vintage? Vintage. Monopoly or Scrabble? Monopoly (junior!) French country interior or the modern Ikea? French Country...surrounded by a big field with lots of trees. Songs that make you dance, or songs that make you cry? That's hard...I want to say dance but I think my ipod has more along the 'making you cry' vibe... Stability or change? CHANGE! Lady Gaga or Madonna? Gaga.

Favourite...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Thing to do on a Sunday morning. Vege market. Bike ride. Local cafe. Friends to eat with, laugh with, nap with and help to remind you of the night before.
Cake Flavour. Banana. Blog to muse over. A Beautiful Mess. Clothes label. Ruby Botique. Music artist. Angus & Julia Stone. Colour. Is it too morbid to say black? How about mint green. Actress...Zoey Deshchanel... because... There's just something about her that is so mysteriously lovely. And I also adore her music. Item of clothing. Cardigans. So snug. Childhood sweet. Raspberry chocolate logs. Comfort food. Avacado on toast. mmm...









On an ending note...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Why do you love meeting new people, especially in the blogging world? It is ridiculously inspiring! I can't imagine what I would be today if I hadn't discovered all the wonderful people that I have. I'm pretty sure most of the things I do, the things I talk about, things I believe in, the things I dream about, the things I love... were things that I discovered and things that inspired me through other blogs.

A word of advice to bloggers... Make sure your blog inspires you too.




What has been your biggest lesson?
Do what you love-cliche, but honestly, what's the point in not?





Best way to be lovely?

Jane, xxx

- - - - - - -


No comments: